Be Strong: Recipes
Slow Cooker Sweet Pulled Pork
- 2 lbs Boneless Pork Sirloin Roast
- 24 oz diet Dr Pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar divided into 1/4 cups
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce canned
- 4 oz green chiles canned
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Cut the pork into large chunks, salt and quickly sear on all sides, then place in large slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Diet Dr Pepper and 1/4th of the brown sugar. Pour the mixture over the roast.
- Cook on High heat for 5 hours, or on low for 8 hours until the roast can be easily shredded.
- Remove pork and shred it with two forks. Pour out the liquid in the slow cooker, and put the shredded pork back into the slow cooker.
- Add the enchilada sauce, green chilies, minced garlic and the remaining 1/4th cup packed brown sugar into the roast. Mix well and let cook on high heat for 30-60 minutes.
- Serve on rice, or make some yummy pulled pork burritos or enchiladas. Store in fridge to be used over the next week for meal prep! Or if you are like my family it’s gone in 1-2 days ;)